Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wonder

A feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable. (Google)

Our world provides many opportunities to feel wonder. That sense of wonder isn't just a positive feeling, research has shown that experiencing wonder can quite literally change our lives. Generally, prompted by media, we link wonder to nature, sports, powerful cars, and viral videos. I mean, who isn't fascinated by The Slow Mo Guys' videos. Yet it seems that between these "events" life can become monotonous. We don't expect wonder in the the mundane routines of life, but what if we could?

I love the feeling of wonder. During difficult times I make the decision to seek out wonder and pause a few moments to relish the the feeling. Wonder can bring a bit of peace and joy to life. A favorite place for me to find wonder is looking for the small. I take photos of plants, egg shells, insects and ice crystals. Something admired from a distance becomes more intriguing the closer one gets. My days are brighter when I just take the time to look around. Wonder is always waiting.


What discoveries did you make today? Do they make you smile?

Please leave a comment. Questions are always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment