Saturday, July 2, 2016

Tropical Snowballs

My 2nd child has bee interested in cooking and creating recipes since she was in elementary school (now 26). She even won a microwave at a State Fair competition. Creating recipes, especially for desserts,  became a passion for the two of us. One summer while visiting my mother in southern California we faced the challenge of creating something great that my diabetic step-father could eat. The ice cream we developed was a hit. From that recipe came these Tropical Snowballs, which won first place at the Make Your Best Sugar-Free Dessert Contest for The Order of Amaranth & The American Diabetes Association at the 2005 Oregon State Fair. I won a huge basket full of kitchen things and a diabetic cookbook and probably some money, but I don't remember how much.

Tropical Snowballs as entered into The Oregon State Fair 2005.

Later I was contacted by a company producing a cookbook, Blue Ribbon Recipes, of top fair winning recipes and they wanted to include my Snowballs. So now I'm in print, too. All from making that sugar-free ice cream for my step-dad. Of course, you don't have the form this into cut little balls. Just eat it like regular ice cream. Hope you enjoy this.


I also wanted to find out the nutritional information for this, so I entered it into my SparkRecipies, arbitrarily decided that 1/10th would be a serving. Here's the quick breakdown.

See the full nutritional breakdown.
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment